Fractive Fork Tuning
Every mass-manufactured fork damper out there compromises on performance. Not because the engineers building them are incompetent (they aren't), but because they don't know you - the rider - and what your personal requirements are. What if you're a 45kg (100lbs) teenager learning to ride? What if you're a 95kg (210lbs) pro? Do you like a firm ride or a soft ride? They don't know any of that ahead of time. So the fork has to cater to everybody.
Because of that, even the absolute best OEM dampers invariably do one or more of the following things:
- Have an adjustment range that is much too wide and easy to get lost in - basically too many "wrong" settings that make finding the right ones harder
- Try to simplify things by removing adjustment, and end up with a damper tune that works for very few people
- End up compromising on the valve design in order to try to accommodate too wide a range of external adjustment
- Add in mode selection switches that require compromised valve design or replace usable adjusters
This is why personalised damper tunes exist.
Nobody else puts this tuning power in your hands.
With our exclusive Fractive Tuning Systems, you can send us your Fox fork and have us valve your Fit4 damper for exactly what you need.
Or, for the first time ever, you can access our expertise to allow you to install and tune our Fractive Fork Tuning Systems yourself!
The calculator below is for our Fractive kit for Fit4 dampers, with the 3 position mode selector and LSC adjuster as shown above. It will help you select from one of five compression damping tunes based on your requirements, and help you to truly understand exactly what the different valving configurations do to the fork.
- Input your weight, ability level, and compliance preference.
- The blue line will show you the recommended median setting for your fork.
- By selecting the valving that most closely matches the red line with the blue line, you can be sure that you're maximising the useful adjustment range for yourself, and not having to run far too much or far too little low-speed bleed, that results in a dive-prone or overly harsh/dead feeling fork in order to get the level of support and compliance that you need.
WARNING: VORSPRUNG products should be installed and serviced by a trained bicycle service technician, in accordance with both VORSPRUNG and original manufacturers' specifications. If you have any doubt whether or not you can properly service your suspension product, or you have not performed this kind of work before, then DO NOT attempt it. Improperly serviced products can fail, causing the rider to lose control resulting in SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. That's not a joke. Don't mess around with it if you don't know what you're doing, because the best case scenario is usually that you damage something in the process.