The Tuesday Tune Ep 26 - Understanding Advanced Bike Geometry PART 2
In part 2 of this episode we look at Front Centre to Rear Centre (FC:RC) ratio and why it's a seriously important factor in bike handling that's rarely discussed. We compare numbers between a few different bikes, all of which have notable geometry for one reason or another:
1. Deviate Guide 2018, size large - the best cornering bike we've tried
2. Transition Patrol 2016/17, size L and XL - Pinkbike's Bike of the Year in 2016 (same geometry in 2017), and an all-round great bike
3. Pole Machine 2018 - inthe vanguard of "long/low/slack with a steep seat tube angle" and geometrically an absolute weapon in a straight line, with some caveats
4. Nicolai/Mojo Geometron G16 - even more extreme geometry than the Pole
5. Nukeproof Mega 2018/19 - radically "conventional" geometry compared to the rest... and the overall winner of the Enduro World Series in 2018 under Sam Hill. Phenomenal skills aside, why is he winning on seemingly old-school geometry?
Note: there's an error in our spreadsheet, where the RC for the Mega is shown at 446mm instead of 437mm. The FC:RC ratio there should be 1.64 rather than 1.61.